2 replies
Minipops no tags
Votes:
+10
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
Looking for community feedback. 

We are putting the question to the community as to what would be the best format for Ladder competition. Basically looking to find player vs. player counts per side that would be best suited for competitive Ladder play. Also what maps/layers/gameplay modes would be the most desired. 

We would like the community's input so that we can make something fun that the community actually wants. Rather than forcing something they don't.

We were hoping to start with a 12 vs.12 AAS ladder, using the smaller layer maps. And hopefully if there is enough teams with active members, we can add a second 18vs18 AAS ladder, and possibly larger if we get an indication that there will be enough activity to support it. 40v40 matches would be incredible, but remains to be seen if the community has the means.

We would also like to have a 9v9 infantry based ladder as well, but that is quite a small number for the current map base. That's where we hope that some map designers might be willing to help.

We would also like to create tournaments, and also involve the community on creation of those. We have free tournaments and paid entry tournaments. With various formats from round robin to single elimination.

Some of the younger generation players don't actually know what a ladder is so i will briefly explain.

Ladders are a type of competition where members play matches against each other and move up and down in the ranking as they win or lose. Ladders make 1-on-1 team based esports such as Squad, more competitive and fun. 

So please take the time to let us know what you would like to see. Tell us what format you think will work. Let us know what clans are interested in competitive play. Give us your feedback. Email me at minipops77@gmail.com

Thanks.
Posted Oct 29, 18 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
TGS NCO
Votes:
TGS Non-Commissioned Officer
I think 18 v 18. The larger the better. Problem is the involvement. I think the tournament aspect we can set up a money incentive. Is there such a prize already?
Posted Oct 30, 18
Minipops no tags
Votes:
+10
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
There are many tournaments in Europe that both north american and European teams participate in. But they are Tournaments. We are creating Ladders which are different.
9v9 will not be a viable player count with the current stock maps available. We would need the support of a mapper(s) to pull that off. And the idea's behind a 9v9 is so that smaller clan have a platform in which to compete. Not every clan has 40+ members. So we wanted to give them the opportunity to have fun as well. That would be a ladder that is far more likely to have a great number of teams due to the smaller player v player count. Larger pvp Ladders would obviously be smaller in team participation because it is difficult to field large groups of players at x time and x date.

We are going to need the help and support of our friends to make this happen. It's going to be a fun place for all of us to enjoy.

The guys in AFO are creating this for everyone, but the Competition site will not be labeled as a AFO entity. It is a non affiliated community name so that no one has to feel inferior or superior to anyone else. And we are absolutely and completely open to help in it's management when it is done. When we are ready to unveil the site. We ask that you come and take a look. We will offer a sneak peak to our friends and supporters so that you can see what we have created, and offer your opinions and feedback. I want TGS to be involved. We have a history together and i think you are a good bunch of people.

We will need people's help in terms of forum moderators, and ladder admins. In the beginning i think that we can handle it ourselve's, but are completely willing to give those roles to people that are enthusiastic about the concept and want it to be successful.

Basically at it's core, it's a place for us to justify our existence as teams. A place to have fun and play and strive to be the top team. And then trying to fend off challengers seeking to knock the #1 team.
Posted Oct 30, 18 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
Top Posters
20 Posts
19 Posts
7 Posts
7 Posts
5 Posts
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (1)