Main Forum

How we can make TGS into a monetized brand?

6 replies
TGS NCO
Votes:
TGS Non-Commissioned Officer
TGS reputation is great. Our server is bumping. What are our expenses as a clan? Are we getting enough donations?
Posted Oct 30, 18 · OP
[TGS] Killswitch AdminOfficer
TGS Officer
Votes:
+9
TGS Officer
Well I mean we could always use more donations, but the amount that we have had has been great so far! Some of the donations are not logged on the site, some of our buddies at Gatsby are donating through a paypal link.
Posted Oct 30, 18
[TGS] Onepi AdminXO
TGS XO
Votes:
TGS Executive Officer
This month we broke even on all expenses which for all services we are paying for is about $240.
Posted Oct 31, 18
TGS NCO
Votes:
Ok. So 240 a month to break even. What is the contribution percentage wise of GC. Is there a majority ownership by TGS? Is it 50/50 thus far?

I was thinking of cash flow ideas for the future would be donation games, obvious cash tournaments, and potential advertisement.

Are we entertaining any other ideas?
Posted Oct 31, 18 · OP
TGS NCO
Votes:
+1
My personal take coming from other communities where I was an Executive Admin, Website Management, an Event/Donations Management. *Not noting this to brag, simply from a "my experience stand point"*

Before we even get into building a way to "gather donations" we should look on how we may become the name known when referring to Squad. By this I mean that we need to be the pillar that members & guests alike look to when they want to play Squad in a Semi-Serious environment.

It start simple, having a strong player base we can rely to seed, recruit, and give a good impression on why someone would want to play with us, let alone donate. Acting accordingly in game, having a professional Discord (Personally I believe we can take a not from [GC]) implementing rewards and ranks for lower enlisted to show we notice what they are doing. Again it starts small, good impressions & a solid base with people who care not only about money but the family we are building within [TGS].

Once we have these basics down we can expand into implementing Basic Training, Events, Tournaments. Not necessarily to receive donations but to entice people to join the [TGS] family and show them we have more to offer then the next. As soon Officers have seen I've already begun laying framework for some of this, encouraging members to engage with us more. I've only interacted with a few [TGS] members, since the time I have been here. We need to ask why we aren't finding solid members who want to grow with us and contribute.

We can also look into making "Squads" a group of players with a solid SL that they will advice and teach them in a fun environment. This will also set us up for success in any skirmishes or tournaments we may look into in the future.

I could go on and on, but it comes down to us building a solid base that people see growing and members contributing to. That will lead to members trusting us with their hard earned money, knowing that we will contribute it back to the community. Whether it be for basic expenses or fun events to give back.

After all this we can sit down to build these amazing donations events & tournaments.
Posted Nov 1, 18
Agree
List
Undo
[TGSr] Aethos Recruit
TGS Recruit
Votes:
TGS Recruit
We can try getting some Chinese or Russian companies to endorse our group.
Posted Nov 5, 18
[TGSr] Typhoid Recruit
TGS Recruit
Votes:
TGS Recruit
We just need some of us to stream our retarded shit. Squad ain't that big of a game but if we can help it gain popularity, then obviously the server and TGS itself will continue to grow.
Posted Nov 5, 18
Top Posters
20 Posts
19 Posts
7 Posts
7 Posts
5 Posts
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (1)
Birthday on Wed 19 Dec, 2018
NoticeNotices